All,

This is a follow up to Avri's comments. I hate changing the subject line on a thread but I have done it here because I think there is an issue residing behind Avri's comment "..the reason the monthly
meetings have not worked is because the PC members, especially the council members, do not make participating a priority - no knock against the current members, over the years, the members never have."

My comments are based on serving (badly) as Chair of the NPOC Policy Committee. Despite what is written in Charters, etc. there is no clear understanding of what the Policy Committees at this level should actually be doing in terms of deliverables. It is not that we cannot make a list of potential deliverables, it is just that there is no consensus on what those should be, and no working from that to the work agenda for the Policy Committees. As Policy Committee Chair I got (gently, or not) beaten around the head and shoulders when I put suggestions on the table. Most of the criticism said simply, to use Stephanie Perrin's term, "recruit more worker bees for PDPs & WGs". Even some proposed strategies to deliver that outcome were trounced, although I see that ICANN itself is now trying some of them.

This is not to criticize people, or offer excuses, it is just to underscore the need for a discussion here. I will not presume what the NCSG Policy Committee should focus on in terms of deliverables, but I do think that a healthy discussion of what that might be is needed.

Sam L, NPOC/csih