Subject: Re: NCSG Policy Committee - Chair, etc.
Local Time: August 19, 2016 8:37 PM
UTC Time: August 19, 2016 7:37 PM
From: [log in to unmask]
To: [log in to unmask]

Hi,

On 19-Aug-16 12:57, Ayden Férdeline wrote:
> For the benefit of those of us (like myself) who have not been members
> of the NCSG for very long, could you please fill us in on what these
> proposed deliverables were?

a place to start:
From the charter:

*2.5 The Policy Committee*

The NCSG Policy Committee is responsible for:

* Discussion and development of substantive policies and statements
issued in the name of the NCSG. This activity will require
coordination with the membership and the Constituencies;
* Organize policy initiatives on behalf of NCSG membership, including
PDP initiatives from the membership;
* Provide policy research and guidance to NCSG representatives on the
GNSO Council;
* Keep membership informed of GNSO Council activities;
* Organize, appoint where appropriate, and track NCSG participation in
GNSO and other pertinent Working Groups.
* Organization and oversight of NCSG participation in any GNSO
Council-related tasks, whether mandated by Bylaws, Council
Procedures or Council decisions.
* Document methods and procedures used for decision-making. Such
documentation is subject to review by the NCSG‑EC.

Please forgive my simplistic approach to the question. I think that if
why can show how they have done all of these things in the last year,
that would be a start.

Might be fun to start with a self critique by the PC of its performance
in the last year against the chartered requirement.

avri

---