Actually it looks as if the EC never formally approved the ballot, which is a clear violation of the charter.
I understand the tendency to "let the chair do all the work" but there is a reason we wrote the charter to require EC approval of ballots.
We had some prior controversies and wanted multiple eyes looking at the ballot before it was sent out.