Dear Norbert

You are 100% right and I fully support your position. Thanks for that lesson.

Yours

Klaus

On 8/24/2016 1:11 AM, Norbert Klein wrote:
[log in to unmask]" type="cite"> Klaus, you said:

"We need to learn to treat each other with respect"  - OK.

"We need to learn to forgive and forget" - on this, there are also quite different opinions. To forgive and to forget are two quite different things.

In Cambodia, there are some who just want to "forget and forgive."

But others go with what the Documentation Center of Cambodia says in almost all of it s mailings:

MEMORY & JUSTICE
“...a society cannot know itself if it does not have an accurate memory of its own history.”
www.dccam.org

Before the forgiving it is necessary to see what happened, and what went wrong. And to avoid repetitions which have shown to lead to wrong results.

Norbert Klein
Cambodia