De : Geneva Internet Platform <[log in to unmask]> de la part de Geneva Internet Platform <[log in to unmask]>
Envoyé : jeudi 25 août 2016 14:45
À : *|MMERGE3|*
Objet : Digital Watch newsletter - a look back at July & August

Is this email not displaying correctly?   View it in your browser<http://us6.campaign-archive2.com/?u=4fd1ca1d5793b4d797ce48eb0&id=ed343b639f&e=66f7b34f61>.

[https://gallery.mailchimp.com/4fd1ca1d5793b4d797ce48eb0/images/gip_logo.png]

Dear Colleagues,

Issue 13 of the Geneva Digital Watch newsletter<http://giplatform.us6.list-manage.com/track/click?u=4fd1ca1d5793b4d797ce48eb0&id=9fece33442&e=66f7b34f61> is out! The issue provides the latest digital policy updates which took place in July and August. The main highlights:

  *   Summer is generally a quiet period for policy-making. This year, however, July and August have been uncharacteristically busy. NATO declared cyberspace as its fourth operation domain; the EU-US Privacy Shield was approved, while the Internet was at the centre of terrorist and security threats. State responsibility in cyberspace is being discussed, while e-commerce is gaining momentum.
  *   Nine months after the invalidation of the Safe Harbour Agreement, the European Commission confirmed that the new EU-US Privacy Shield affords adequate protection to the privacy of EU citizens when their data are transferred to the US. We explore the seven key privacy principles that US companies must adhere to, as well as the new commitments made by the US government in relation to the implementation of the Shield.
  *   Pokemon Go has achieved massive popularity. With its interplay between the virtual and physical experiences of our reality, the game brings into sharper focus many issues related to how the Internet is used and how it affects our society. It also has implications on many digital policy areas.
  *   The IG Barometer of Online Media reveals the top three debated topics so far this summer: access and digital divide, Internet Protocol numbers and root zone, and the Internet of Things. We give an overview of the main developments in these three areas.
  *   Included in this issue are events that took place in International Geneva, and the main global digital policy events in September.
  *   The Brazilian version on Issue 13, in Portuguese, will be available soon.

Download your copy<http://giplatform.us6.list-manage.com/track/click?u=4fd1ca1d5793b4d797ce48eb0&id=af2324c49f&e=66f7b34f61> of the July & August newsletter.

The GIP Team
PS. We hope to see you for the briefing on Internet governance in July & August 2016<http://giplatform.us6.list-manage.com/track/click?u=4fd1ca1d5793b4d797ce48eb0&id=776ab10ed7&e=66f7b34f61>, next Tuesday, 30th August.

Follow us on Twitter<http://giplatform.us6.list-manage.com/track/click?u=4fd1ca1d5793b4d797ce48eb0&id=5b68de6dff&e=66f7b34f61> | Forward to a friend<http://us6.forward-to-friend1.com/forward?u=4fd1ca1d5793b4d797ce48eb0&id=ed343b639f&e=66f7b34f61>

You're receiving this email because you expressed an interest in Geneva Internet Platform.

unsubscribe [log in to unmask] from this list<http://giplatform.us6.list-manage.com/unsubscribe?u=4fd1ca1d5793b4d797ce48eb0&id=b18c51e136&e=66f7b34f61&c=ed343b639f> | update your subscription preferences<http://giplatform.us6.list-manage.com/profile?u=4fd1ca1d5793b4d797ce48eb0&id=b18c51e136&e=66f7b34f61>

[Email Marketing Powered by MailChimp]<http://www.mailchimp.com/monkey-rewards/?utm_source=freemium_newsletter&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=monkey_rewards&aid=4fd1ca1d5793b4d797ce48eb0&afl=1>