Dear all,

Last week EC seemed to quickly resolve the Appeal on the election process, that challenged the interpretation of NOTA votes. As far as I remember, those who signed the appeal were told that they would get a timely response from the EC which would seal this deal.

However, up to now I have not seen anything coming from the EC on the list on this matter. I checked the public archives, and I see that EC is still debating how to word it's compromise. It worries me a bit because world is moving on and we're going ahead with this election. When I read the emails on the public NCSG EC thread, I really wonder what's going on and whether EC is trying to, pardon me for the lame pun attempt, to compromise the compromise.

As far as I understand, yesterday EC almost agreed on sending the response: http://mailman.ipjustice.org/pipermail/ec-ncsg/2016-August/001133.html

However, today the temperature changed and I see that the text is still debated and, frankly speaking, it does look like what we agreed upon is still considered as not being agreed:

http://mailman.ipjustice.org/pipermail/ec-ncsg/2016-August/001134.html
http://mailman.ipjustice.org/pipermail/ec-ncsg/2016-August/001140.html

I know that it's weekend, but since I see that EC has been debating the things today, may I kindly ask anyone from the EC update us on what is actually happing with the EC response to the appeal? I believe those who signed the appeal didn't submit it with the intent to wait till the end of elections, when it will be too late.

Thanks a lot!
Warm regards

Tatiana