Hello everybody,

 Transition talk got you down? Looking to acquire some expertise in an area
where the NCSG really needs your help? Please consider joining a webinar
today that kicks off the planning process for ICANN's 2018 fiscal year
budget and renewed operating plan.

 The webinar kicks off at 15:00 UTC and can be accessed here:

 https://icann.adobeconnect.com/planning

 Last year the NCSG did not submit a public comment on the budget. I
personally found that to be a bit embarrassing - this is something very
important for the noncommercial community to weigh in on. I had held the
pen the previous two years for the NCSG but this year was drafted in to
help write he GNSO public comment for Council. That's a likely occurrence
going forward this year. So...

 If anyone has interest in pursuing this today's webinar would be a great
place to start. I certainly would be happy to answer any questions and help
guide anyone and everyone willing to follow this for the NCSG. It's a bit
complicated, and somewhat opaque, but I've found study of the ICANN budget
to be absolutely fascinating. Following the transition we absolutely need
to develop expertise in this area within the NCSG so we can properly meet
our responsibilities for monitoring the budget as part of the empowered
community. It's a great opportunity for someone willing to take on the
challenge!

 Hope to see some folks on the call today. The call will be recorded so
feel free to take a look later if you can't make it now.

 Thanks for considering,

 Ed