From: Seun Ojedeji [mailto:[log in to unmask]]

SO: You really think those who want to stop the transition really care about ICANN's accountability reforms? I doubt that line would be compelling to them. Reasons that could make them realise the

MM:

Yes, one of the strongest arguments against the transition is the ability of opponents to cite many examples of ICANN’s bad behavior in the past. Their attitude is that the transition is a reward to ICANN for its good behavior rather than a reform of ICANN.

Just look at the recent letter from the 4 Congressmen, which brings up the Dot Registry IRP decision. It is very powerful in these debates to note that all this bad behavior happened under US oversight and the transition brings with it reforms that will mitigate ICANN’s problems.

But if you think I’m wrong I defer to your greater knowledge of US politics, Seun. I am sure you have lots of experience here.

Dr. Milton L. Mueller

Professor, School of Public Policy

Georgia Institute of Technology