Seun is making the point, very politely I think, that the so-called “trial period” is tantamount to no transition. NTIA is still in charge. US Congress could still intervene. Most of the world would be completely unrepresented in those decisions. At BEST, it would be a negotiation between ICANN Inc. and the US government.

However it seem what you are suggesting is that NTIA still be able to pull the plugs after a trial period. It's an interesting concept that I have no idea how it is practically possible considering what has been proposed by the various communities neither do I understand why we should go that route. Will be good to understand what you are suggesting here.

Regards