With the little time left between now and the end of the month we should
focus on strategies for “push back” against Cruz’s “Misguided Cruz
Maneuvers” objecting to the long planned U.S. government transfer of
oversight on IANA’s management of the DNS system.

The nastiness and irrational responses of the so-called U.S. Alt-right
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Alt-right cannot be countered here. They
feed on ignorance, prejudice and discord. They should be ignored and the
focus needs to stay on the target, the planned orderly transfer of
oversight.

Might it be followed by unanticipated problems? Of course, but it is
better to deal with them using the mechanisms we have developed for the
post-transfer reality than to delay, or implement some “beta mode”
version of transfer.  It is a false assumption to believe that we will
better discover and deal unanticipated problems in some temporary beta
mode than we will working with the mechanisms so many of us have spent
so much time refining over the past year and a half.

The tasks are simple. Complete the oversight transfer and use the
embedded mechanisms to watch ICANN like a hawk, to fulfill the promises
of an orderly and effective oversight transfer.

Sam L.