Here are my notes of interesting points from the independent review:

p. 8

most frequently queried names -- all generic except for two city names

smart 15,198

forex 14,823

hotel 14,690

one 14,205

love 13,912

cloud 13,821

nyc 13,622

london 13,343

abc 13,331

luxury 13,125

p. 13

extending the Claims Service or expanding the matching criteria used for triggering Claims Service notifications may be of limited benefit to trademark holders and will be associated with costs incurred by other stakeholder groups, such as registries, registrars, and nontrademark-holder domain registrants

We also find that trademark holders infrequently dispute registrations that are variations of trademark strings. We note, however, that dispute rates on exact-match registrations are also low, making it difficult to draw conclusions about the dispute rate of string variations.

…although trademark holders expressed that they valued the Sunrise period in responses to our questionnaires, many trademark holders do not utilize their Sunrise eligibility by registering names.

p. 15

Our findings are consistent with the goal of the Claims Service to deter bad faith registrations that would otherwise be disputed. However, the results may also indicate that many legitimate domain registrations may be deterred by Claims Service notifications.  the vast majority of registration attempts are not completed after

receiving a Claims Service notification (94% abandonment rate).

p. 16

Unfortunately, ...we are not able to observe the registration abandonment rate for registrations that are attempted outside of the Claims Service period (when no Claims Service notifications are sent); such a measure would be useful to use as a base abandonment rate to which we would compare the Claims Service period abandonment rate to measure the size of the Claims Service notifications’ deterrent effect.

p. 18

it is unlikely that potentially-infringing registrants strategically time registrations to avoid Claims Service notifications.

p. 21

TMCH users can enroll in the Ongoing Notifications Service for free to continue

receiving notifications after the end of the Claims Service period. ... the feedback that we received from stakeholders regarding Claims Service notifications, some respondents felt that the notifications were costly to review (based on the time and effort involved).