Hi Milton, I did not go through the report yet (planning to do it today). However, isn't the lack of preliminary information (such as the points you mentioned) something that negatively affects transparency and our capacity to make informed decisions? Would this be something to mention?

Ed, any challenge from the call yesterday could be raised in this particular consultation?

Thanks
Marilia

On Wed, Aug 31, 2016 at 5:49 PM, Mueller, Milton L <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

Thanks, Marilia.

Going through the report, it seems to be pretty objective.

I want to know an important supplementary fact: how much does the TMCH cost and who pays for it?

--MM

From: NCSG-Discuss [mailto:[log in to unmask]SYR.EDU] On Behalf Of Marilia Maciel
Sent: Wednesday, August 31, 2016 9:21 AM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Public comment: Independent Review of TMCH Draft Report

Hello everyone,

There is a public comment open until September 3rd on the draft report of the independent review of the trademark clearinghouse services. This is a topic that touches upon a historical cause of NCSG: to ensure freedom of expression, bringing more balance and fairness to policies related to intellectual property protection in ICANN.

The Independent Review of the Trademark Clearinghouse report considers the effectiveness of key areas related to the TMCH in meeting its initial intended objectives. You can find more detailed information in: https://www.icann.org/public-comments/tmch-review-2016-07-25-en

Time is very short, but would anyone be willing to try to put together a short and to the point document outlining some key points on this matter?

Thanks and all the best,

Marilia