Court challenge denied
http://ia801506.us.archive.org/17/items/gov.uscourts.txsd.1386946/gov.uscourts.txsd.1386946.15.0.pdf
3 more hours and it's officially done.

--MM

From: NCSG-Discuss [mailto:[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of Dan Krimm
Sent: Friday, September 30, 2016 1:58 AM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Re: Transition lawsuit

Of course, this is just the trial phase (district court).  If this judge has to twist himself into a pretzel to get his desired outcome, then there will be grounds for appeal, as long as those on the appealing side have the financial resources (or the pro bono interest) to bring it back.

Not too surprising that those filing the suit would venue-shop if they have the option.  Sometimes this can get them further, but there are limits to this strategy if the actual substance of the case is weak on the merits.  Sometimes venue-shopping is the equivalent of a "Hail Mary" -- an act of desperation intended to increase chances of ultimate success from infinitesimal to minuscule.  That's what lawyers get paid the big bucks for...

Dan