Dear Rafik,

as already commented to Farzaneh´s email on the subject, a charter
revision under the new framework would be most useful, in terms of

1. a regular revision of (policy) intentions. For example I would
suggest at least one:  “impact of the new bylaws in terms of joining
or not some international bodies and/or working groups”.
2. discussion (regular)(policy) deliverables on those particular issues
(not just reports), and
3. regular revisions of milestones/objectives reached (and not only
international meetings joined)

Best

Carlos Raúl Gutiérrez
+506 8837 7176
Skype: carlos.raulg
Current UTC offset: -6.00 (Costa Rica)
On 31 Oct 2016, at 6:28, Rafik Dammak wrote:

> [...]
> work
> on charter amendments if the council give more specifics and details
> about
> its concerns.
> As one of the co-chairs of the CWG-IG, we gave reports to the council
> since
> Marrakesh meeting and responded to the questions.   I can work with
> the
> working members and other co-chairs on drafting the amendment and we
> need
> time to achieve that. Having the new framework cross-community working
> group, we can use that as opportunity to improve the CCWG-IG and align
> it
> with the SO/AC expectations. For other groups within GNSO, I think we
> can
> get support at least from Business Constituency, while we try to
> understand
> more the contracted party concerns.
>
> deferral is needed in order for the council to have a meaningful
> discussion
> and also liaising with other chartering organizations. I am not aware
> about
> precedent where a group left a joint or cross community working group
> in
> such manner.
>
> Best,
>
> Rafik

>> That is right, I fired that proposal off to our policy cttee...and I
>> think
>> we have agreement that it is premature to disengage from this. Other
>> SGs
>> may feel entirely different though.  I think there is a feeling that
>> by
>> disengaging, we are limiting scope creep at ICANN.  Personally, I
>> doubt
>> that.  Important to stay engaged to *prevent* scope creep....
>>
>> But mostly, we need to talk this one around a bit.
>>
>> cheers Stephanie
>>
>> On 2016-10-28 13:44, Edward Morris wrote:
>>
>> Hi Ayden,
>>
>> Thanks for the question.
>>
>> I believe Stephanie has indicated that she will request a deferral on
>> this
>> motion, an action I most certainly support. We need time to speak to
>> our
>> colleagues in the Contracted Party House and Commercial Stakeholders
>> Group,
>> ascertain their concerns and level of support for the CWG-IG, and
>> sort a
>> way to move forward together. As a result of work of the CCWG squared
>> WG
>> there certainly will need to be some Charter amendments and
>> adjustments to
>> the group. That certainly is doable and I'm cautiously optimistic
>> that
>> we'll be able to fashion a way forward assuming, of course, we can
>> find a
>> minimal level of support elsewhere in the GNSO.

>>> governance (CWG-IG) issues affecting ICANN for our November 7
>>> Council