I offer the following as food for thought:

Having read the ICANN Community Anti-Harassment Policy draft I would
like to table two concerns for discussion. The ICANN anti-harassment
policy is intended to insure that individuals of all backgrounds and
cultures are made to feel welcome in ICANN and within its activities
irrespective of the specified characteristics of individuals. Well and
good, but I am left with two concerns.

While noting that harassment may take many forms, nine of the ten
examples related to sexual harassment. The tenth refers specifically to
conduct or commentary that shows hostility, disrespect, or the demeaning
individuals, because of specified characteristics including but not
limited to those listed in the policy document. The sexual harassment
list looks to be an arbitrary selection of nine from what could be an
exhaustive list of conducts and commentaries./Might it be more
appropriate to simply re-affirm that harassment, sexual or otherwise,
will not be tolerated with the ICANN community?/ Policy could further
state that allegations of harassment, sexual or otherwise, will be
handled according to the procedures set down in the anti-harassment
policy document, policies to be further refined in light of ICANN
experience.

My second concern is that this policy draft implicitly assumes that
incidents of harassment are one time incidents. /What are the processes
for dealing with ongoing harassment?/ In 2013 I had to deal with a
persistent stalker, for six months. I and my university had to resort to
an escalating sequence of measures to finally terminate that episode.
There was no point at which an agent of the university could have simply
ruled on, and stopped, the persistent behavior.

Sam L.