Having been involved in an intersessional I found it personally useful. But in terms overall outcomes, and given the time and expenses involved, I too think they are not needed.
We could just as easily draft a focused online intersessional agenda and time frame, and achieve better results at lower costs and with wider participation.

Lastly, I left the misspelling of intersessional in the Subject: line just to maintain the thread.
Intercessional is the wrong word here, it usually refers a prayer on behalf of someone else.
On second thought, on behalf of ICANN maybe it is the right word :-\.

Sam L.
[log in to unmask]" type="cite">

Planning these meetings seems to involve a lot more complexity, coordination and debate these days compared to when we started.

Indeed, this is one of the reasons why I am a conscientious objector to the whole intersessional meeting.

It is not needed, and we are wasting enormous amount of time and energy and eventually money on this.

Dr. Milton L. Mueller

Professor, School of Public Policy

Georgia Institute of Technology