Subject: At-Large Review - new draft report
Local Time: 1 February 2017 3:43 PM
UTC Time: 1 February 2017 15:43
From: [log in to unmask]
To: [log in to unmask]

On the ICANN wiki, ICANN staff have uploaded a new draft of the report of the Review of the At-Large Community. You can read it in PDF format here: https://community.icann.org/display/ALRW/Review+of+the+ICANN+At-Large+Community+-+Draft+Report+for+Public+Comment

The report will open for public comment today, and I think it is important we respond (and also read it closely to see whether or not there are any lessons we can learn, ahead of the GNSO Review). To aid us in drafting our comments, I am going to compare the changes in this second draft against those from the initial report released in December — before members of the At-Large Review Working Party requested signifiant revisions — and I'll try to produce a redlined version, which I'll share on our list. The initial draft was an honest assessment of At-Large. A cursory glance at the revisions in this new draft suggests the inclusion of flowery language praising the current leadership of At-Large for their stewardship of the community over time; I hope the original recommendations have not been materially toned down, but I haven't read the report close enough just yet to assess whether or not this is the case.

Best wishes,