100% agree with all your points below Milton!

-JG

From: "Mueller, Milton L" <[log in to unmask]<mailto:[log in to unmask]>>
Date: Sunday 19 February 2017 at 20:26
To: James Gannon <[log in to unmask]<mailto:[log in to unmask]>>, "[log in to unmask]<mailto:[log in to unmask]>" <[log in to unmask]<mailto:[log in to unmask]>>
Subject: RE: Call for volunteers: alternate councillor

You are correct, James, but it doesn’t hurt for the members of NCSG to make their views known to the NCSG EC. And let’s hope that the decision is actually made by the NCSG EC as a whole, taking into account the views of the members as well as the intrinsic qualities of the candidates, and not unilaterally.

For my part, I was not endorsing Martin over Tatiana or any other candidate who has submitted his or her name to the EC. I was simply pointing out that there is no intrinsic conflict of interest between Avri as temporary replacement and those who wish to run for the position in the next election. Avri is only volunteering for the remaining part of Amr’s term, and I think this is a good thing. The EC can avoid viewing itself as politically biased by appointing someone who will not be a candidate to serve in the short term, and then allowing the full term to be filled by a free and fair election amongst the full membership.

--MM

Sorry everyone, just want to point out that this is not an election or an agreement.
The names are put forward to the EC and the EC decides based on ability and the criteria that Tapani put out.

-J