Hi Stephanie,

I'm happy you are happy we had a good turn out.

For the record, we were unable to give notice of this event earlier until we received a room assignment and the time and date of the meeting.  That happened yesterday. All speakers were invited and accepted the invitation to appear between 10:00 and 15:00 yesterday. I posted the agenda online just before 21:00. I did try to publicise the event at the PC meeting earlier in the day, between 17:00 and 19:00. I was in meetings earlier and unable to put together an agenda until the times mentioned. I'm sorry I was so busy.

As I mentioned before, our original meeting was scheduled at a time that none of the FC members were able to attend. It appeared for a while that there would be no meeting. When we were assigned the room yesterday  for this morning  I contacted a few people in the community  I have positive relations with and asked them if they could stop by. All said yes. There was no extensive preplanning.  I'm glad you thought this was a high level panel. I agree. These are all people I like and respect and have an extensive history of working with. I was honoured that they were willing to come by and meet with us on such short notice when I asked them to.

I hope the Finance Committee will be better able to get adequate and appropriate room assignments earlier for future meetings so more notice could be given to everyone: speakers, attendees and committee members. Sadly that was not possible here. I let people know of the meeting as soon as I was able to confirm everything. The organisation, planning and meeting all occurred in a 25 hour period.

Thank you to everyone who did attend. Thanks for preparing for the meeting. Our guests were highly impressed with your attention to detail and your questions.

Kind Regards,

Ed Morris

Sent from my iPhone