Quick note, when we were drafting our statement on this I brought up the fact that a new office or set of resources was never going to be realistic for the organization to create for these situations.
While we can agree that yes it would be better to have a separate function that realistically and commercially that was not going to be an option.

-James

From: NCSG-Discuss [mailto:[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of Corinne Cath
Sent: Tuesday, March 28, 2017 12:23 AM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Re: The anti-harassment policy

Thanks for sharing, Farzi. It is great that it passed. But perhaps someone can elaborate how the Ombudsperson has (again) become the main mediator in the event of (alleged) harassment? Especially, after we had long conversations on the list about finding alternatives to such a centralized solution. See: http://lists.ncuc.org/pipermail/ncuc-discuss/2016-November/019562.html

Best,