Terribly sorry to miss it, we needed more advance notice of this high level meeting!  One day is not enough, as people's agendas are jammed.

Stephanie Perrin

On 2017-03-13 05:27, Edward Morris wrote:
[log in to unmask]" type="cite">

...two of my favourite topics of conversation!

Please join us for the NCSG Finance Committee meeting in 30 minutes, room B4.2.

See you there!

From: "Edward Morris" <[log in to unmask]>
Date: 12 March 2017 at 20:55:05 CET
To: "[log in to unmask]" <[log in to unmask]>
Subject: Please join us for a very special meeting...

Not on your schedule…but we hope you will attend.

Monday March 13th, 11:00 – 12:15 Copenhagen time (10:00 – 11:15 UTC), Room B4.2.

Please join us for a very special meeting of the NCSG Finance Committee, in person or remotely.

The new ICANN bylaws give the community a special responsibility for the ICANN budget. We’ve responded in the NCSG by revitalizing our Finance Committee and now need to ramp it up to fully participate in the Empowered Community. We’ve put together a program to help NCSG members fully understand the budget, the process and the way you can help shape the outcome!

AGENDA

11:00 - 11:30 Presentation of the 2018 fiscal year ICANN Operating Plan and Budget
   Becky Nash, Vice President,  Finance, ICANN

11:30 - 11:45 A community perspective on the budget and the budget process
   Chuck Gomes, Vice President, Policy and Compliance, Verisign

11:45 – 12:00 A staff perspective on the budget and the budget process
   Robert Hoggarth, Vice President, Policy Development and Community Services, ICANN

12:00 – 12:15 A Board perspective on the budget and the budget process
   Asha Hemrajani, ICANN Board and Chair, Board Finance Committee

No previous budget experience needed!

Come with questions, ideas or simply to watch and learn. Those participating in ICANN58 can find us remotely at participate.icann.org/ncsg.

We’ve put together a great group of speakers, folks with knowledge with experience in both ICANN and the budget process, here to help you learn and understand all about money, finance and priorities at ICANN. We welcome you to our meeting and hope as many of you as possible will be with us in the morning.

Kind Regards,

Ed Morris
Chair, NCSG Finance Committee