Thanks very much for this Bruna, and my apologies for missing this
meeting.  As I spammed the list lately, somehow I am missing a lot of
ICANN-related emails, and it is impossible to predict when they are
being caught in spam control as many still get through.

if I might add the following points to the excellent discussion which I
gleaned from the recording and chat:

  * we do need to agree on definitions and mechanisms for policy
    development amongst NCSG.  I do not think this will be difficult, we
    seem to agree on a narrow, technical scope
  * Abuse has been raised forever, along with its twin policy bugbear
    "accuracy" of RDS data.  This has become significantly worse since
    the 2018 amendments to the 2013 RAA and subsequent removal of
    personal data from the "WHOIS". we have been playing whack-a-mole on
    this issue, with 3 separate high interest sessions on it at the last
    meeting (which we were unable to stop)
  * There is a significant risk that actions will be taken to deal with
    the issue in fora where we as NCSG have no input.  Note that the
    contracted parties are currently working on two different types of
    contractual arrangements with ICANN....the new Registrars
    Accreditation Agreement, where we have no input but they may throw a
    bone to their adversaries by including abuse remedies, and the joint
    controller/processor agreements with ICANN wherein they figure out
    who is responsible for what in the processing of personal
    information.  In both of these we have no input.  There is a
    proposal on the table to deal with abuse in a PDP, with the same
    representation as we have on the EPDP....I am suspicious of this
    move as I am with all such moves, and I sure don't need another
    committee to work on as I am overloaded with Council, EPDP, legal
    cttee on EPDP, and the IRT.....but it might be a safer, MS
    environment to deal with issues like accuracy, abuse, and the
    "public interest".
  * In terms of Subpro, doubtless there are voluntary commitments being
    made WRT abuse and abuse mitigations as we move forward with new
    TLDs.  We have expressed our concerns about these "voluntary"
    commitments in the past, and we need to discuss with our members who
    were on that group, to find out what was going on there, and to what
    extent policy is being written through these commitments in a de
    facto manner
  * this is a rather small point, but I dislike using the term "task
    force"....it seems to imply action on our part, a commitment to
    achieve a task.  We don't actually run the DNS, register names, or
    deal with access requests, and we need to keep that in mind.  As
    NCSG, we participate in policy development....so I would suggest we
    call this the NCSG Abuse policy discussion forum.

I am looking forward to the next meeting!

Cheers Stephanie Perrin