Hi Farzaneh,

Thanks for bringing this to the list. We were beginning to discuss it at
the PC (and it will certainly be on our PC call agenda on Monday), but like
I have mentioned to the PC, the letter states this
 "*we also plan to ask that, for the next round, the Board maintain the
position that, unless and until there is a community developed consensus
policy in place, any applications seeking to impose exclusive registry
access for "generic strings" to a single person or entity and/or that
person's or entity's Affiliates (as defined in Section 2.9(c) of the
Registry Agreement) should not proceed."*

My only concern with the 'recommendation' that the council leadership is
planning on sending to the board is that it appears to make a
recommendation contrary to the subpro report. This concern comes strictly
from the point of view of my role as a GNSO policy manager (councillor).

If the SubPro report didn't recommend neither to allow nor ban closed
generics, hence leaving it at the discretion of the board, then I believe
the Council should be careful not to make contradictory statements that
might appear to the community as making an "executive recommendation" to
the board outside the PDP process.

I would like to know what you think.

Warmly,
Tomslin