** Sent on behalf of Heather Forrest, Master of Ceremony, GNSO 20th Anniversary **

Invitation to GNSO 20th Anniversary Celebration

Dear GNSO Council, SG/C Chairs and GNSO community members,

I am delighted to invite you to the GNSO’s 20th Anniversary Celebration that will take place on Saturday 21 October 2023 from 16:30 – 17:30 CET (14:30 – 15:30 UTC) at ICANN78. As the Master of Ceremony for this session, I look forward to welcoming many of you to remember the past and recognize the GNSO’s achievements but also the challenges, but also and most importantly, to think about the future and how to evolve to ensure that the GNSO remains relevant and stands in a better position to deliver on its mandate under the ICANN Bylaws.

This is, I hope, only the beginning of the conversation. It’s no secret that we, as a community, have plenty of room for improvement. All ideas and suggestions raised during and after the session will be captured and fed into next step discussions about prioritization and future-proofing the GNSO that can form a significant part of the agenda at the upcoming Council Strategic Planning Session.

No birthday or anniversary would be complete, of course, without a bit of celebrating. Let’s seize this opportunity to join as friends and colleagues, long-timers and newcomers, and relive memories and shared achievements (and missteps) during the cocktail reception that will take place from 16:30 CET (14:30 UTC) onwards.

I look forward to seeing many of you in person as well as virtually at ICANN78,

Heather Forrest