I have put Feb 21 in my calendar for a ISOC LIVE simulcast, if there are no objections.

Joly

On Thu, Feb 8, 2024 at 6:23 AM Ken Herman <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

Dear NCSG Members:

In November 2023, ICANN launched the official system for access to non-public domain name registration information, known as the Registration Data Request Service, or RDRS.

Even though multistakeholder consultations took place during the creation of the RDRS, many questions remain, including, among others, how the system actually functions, the mechanisms in place for monitoring and controlling access to this data, who can actually request data and the role of the registries in fulfilling requests.

To better understand how the RDRS functions, the non-commercial community invites all members to a briefing on the RDRS. After introductory remarks by Kathy Kleiman and Wisdom Donker, this special event includes a presentation by ICANN staff on the functioning and reporting features of the RDRS system. In addition, we are grateful that TUCOWS, a member of the registrar stakeholder group, has agreed to speak about their role and experience with the system.

This event provides an opportunity for all of us in the non-commercial community to gather information about how requests are handled, and to learn about the RDRS and how it is used by ICANN and some registrars.

Mark your calendars for Wednesday February 21 @ 15:00 UTC to participate and learn about this important development. Connection details will follow shortly.

A follow-up session is also planned to internally discuss ideas, concerns and strategies regarding the system. Also mark your calendars for the follow-up session on Monday, February 26, @ 15:00 UTC.

We look forward to seeing as many of you as possible at this event.

Ken Herman