Congrats !

Le lun. 12 févr. 2024 à 16:15, Sam Lanfranco <[log in to unmask]> a écrit :

Arsene,

Forgive my bit of irony.

When I referred to the “downside” of serving on the committee,

it was about having to say no to the rest of the excellent candidates

for the positions on the table.

Sam

From: Arsène Tungali <[log in to unmask]>
Sent: Monday, February 12, 2024 9:46 AM
To: Sam Lanfranco <[log in to unmask]>
Cc: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Re: NCSG Members Appointed to the GNSO Standing Selection Committee

Thanks Tomslin and PC for re-appointing me.

Welcome Remmy and Bruna.

Thanks, Sam for the note and you are right on the workload.

Le lun. 12 févr. 2024 à 15:31, Sam Lanfranco <[log in to unmask]> a écrit :

The only down side for me was the difficulty of selecting from among multiple competent candidates for the positions on the table.

I am not sure why you call this a down side because that's the actual work of the SSC: to select most of the times, one candidate out of a good pool of competent candidates. The challenge here is that not everyone on the SSC devotes the necessary time to go through the material and do the proper assessment/ranking of candidates, that's the only time where energy and concentration are needed.

I welcome our new colleagues and hope they will help bring in new blood to support the work of the SSC when a new request comes from the GNSO Council.

Regards,

Arsene

I always remember that many from other ICANN stakeholder groups do their “volunteer work” as part of their regular work load for which they are paid and from which they have expenses support. NCSG stakeholders for the most part, while some can “monetize” their ICANN participation, mainly donate their time and resources.

I think of NCSG as the “deep pocket” of ICANN stakeholder volunteers within a community of  “deep-pocketed” ICANN stakeholder groups.

All the best.

Sam Lanfranco

Sam Lanfranco, Prof Emeritus, York University, Internet Ecologist & Farmer;

Web23.io; AshPiedmont Farm, South Bay, Prince Edward County, Ontario, Canada

P:613-476-0429  C:416-816-2852  E: [log in to unmask]   [log in to unmask]

From: NCSG-Discuss <[log in to unmask]> On Behalf Of Tomslin Samme-Nlar

Dear all,

After a rather long deliberation by the PC, the following members have been selected to represent NCSG at the SSC:

  1. Arsene Tungali - Re-appointed
  2. Remmy Nweke
  3. Bruna Santos

Warmly,