Dear members,

As described below, we have discussed the potential of the Council
requesting a policy status report (PSR) in multiple PC calls over the past
year. To help the Council decide, 3 sets of information were requested by
or provided to the council.
1. Registrar input
2. ICANN compliance input
3. ICANN org Registrant Program

Based on these, the Council must now decide to proceed with one of the
following options. Please review and we will have a discussion at our PC
meeting in San Juan this week on what NCSG thinks is the way to go:

1. Yes, after reviewing the materials, the Council would like to request a
Policy Status Report.

2. A Policy Status Report is not yet warranted. The Council believes
further policy work on this is needed, but now is not the time due to
current workload and prioritization of other more pressing work. We would
like to revisit this decision in 2 years.

3. No, the Council is not requesting a Policy Status Report at this time,
as the policy seems to have been implemented as intended. The Council
commits to reconsider this decision in 5 years. If ICANN org or a group
within the ICANN community believe imminent work on these policies is
necessary, they are welcome to address the GNSO Council, and we will
reconsider this decision at that time.

Warmly,
Tomslin