Hi all,

Council of Europe and Indonesia reacted to our comment during GAC open mic.
Here is the video and related transcript: See the link
<https://icann.zoom.us/rec/play/BANWf3tyQC06U44eJIhZzamcEh_hQA5W4-TLMYDLXGl0w0xJVklgfat9iPpi0dtQMs5v0o-Y2QLrAmSJ.3lzrBjk72KtIYzKn?canPlayFromShare=true&from=share_recording_detail&startTime=1709643617000&componentName=rec-play&originRequestUrl=https%3A%2F%2Ficann.zoom.us%2Frec%2Fshare%2Fele8hO2qBZcn8vsXD1imD4_jxUQuDidhFoUSDnyYErOkuaxU2xSvXI7ixfZHCuk.gF3z5MUce4PfRP76%3FstartTime%3D1709643617000>

   - Hi, good morning. I'm Patrick Pennings from the
   - I'm the head of the Digital Development and Governance Department in
   the Council of Europe.
   - and I was very much interested in the question or the issue raised
   - by the non-commercial community in a way, because that's the daily
   - bread, let's say, of the Council of Europe that is to be able to
   - match between, on the one side.
   - the work because we're home to the European Convention on Human
   Rights. But also, we're home to the Cybercrime Convention and Data
   Protection Convention.
   - and in the future I hope in the very near future, a convention on
   Artificial intelligence. So for us. It is crucial to be able to combine
   those 2 interests that is, to
   - keep a clear line on human rights rule of law and democracy, while at
   the same time being able to cater for
   - private companies, but also for the law enforcement community.
   - And I think the the security in the domain name system is essential to
   be able to provide that. I agree that we need open processes, but we also
   need to be able to provide
   - access to law enforcement to be able to, in in the
   - context of criminal offenses, to be able to access data that are
   important in order to resolve crime. So thank you for that.

Farzaneh