Thanks, @Manju, for the insights!

Just got back to France and dug into the ASP Handbook. Noticed a couple of sticky points for non-commercial groups. @Tomslin Samme-Nlar, please do we have any plans to sync up on our comments? Maybe a quick call after the penholder @Bolutife Adisa gathered our thoughts? The deadline's creeping up, and we've got some important voices to represent :).

Below are suggested brainstorming ideas to enhance our submission:

Possible contentious point: This uncertainty could disadvantage non-profit organizations which require clear information to plan their applications.

Comment: Clearly define all forms of support, ensuring transparent criteria are set early in the process to aid in planning and application preparation.

Possible contentious point: The documentation and proof required might be challenging for organizations with limited resources.

Comment: Introduce flexibility in the documentation requirements and consider alternative evidence of impact and benefit that is easier for smaller entities to provide (Especially those from the Global South).

Possible contentious point: The complexity of information and the language barrier may discourage or disadvantage non-English speakers.

Comment:  Provide the handbook and related resources in multiple UN languages and consider translation support for application submissions. Offering webinars or training in various languages could also help bridge the gap. ( Stephanie made a suggestion during the meeting in PR, we may have to consider that in our submission) .

Possible contentious point: Non-commercial stakeholders (applicants) with limited resources may find it challenging to respond promptly, especially if clarifications require additional documentation or specialized input.

Comment:  Establish clear guidelines for the clarifying questions process, including a fixed timeline for responses and a limitation on the number of follow-up questions. Provide examples of common queries to help applicants prepare in advance.

Possible contentious point: Strict adherence to these criteria without consideration for local contexts might exclude worthy applicants from challenging environments.

Comment: Introduce a consideration clause for entities facing systemic barriers in obtaining the required legal compliance documentation, allowing for contextual evaluations through local/regional third parties.

My 2 cents.

Cheers,

Emmanuel