From: DiBiase, Gregory via council <[log in to unmask]>
Date: Fri, Mar 22, 2024 at 5:33 AM
Subject: [council] Reminder: Open Items from ICANN 79
To: [log in to unmask] <[log in to unmask]>

Dear Councilors,

This is a follow up on the below email.

RE: the public comment on the bylaw amendment:

Leadership has not received feedback on any SG/C position. However, I can share the tentative RrSG position: the RrSG does not support broadening the original scope of the bylaws amendment beyond that contemplated in recommendation 7 of the CCWG AP (i.e. limiting removal of the accountability mechanisms just for the auction grant program). Among other things, the RrSG is concerned that this broadened scope vests undue power in CCWGs to disallow accountability mechanisms going forward by removing the community safeguard afforded by following a formal bylaws amendment.

Given that Council would need a unified position to submit a public comment, I invite councilors to indicate whether their SG’s position may align with the RrSG’s position. Please provide feedback by 26 March to leave time to draft a comment. If not, I encourage SG’s to submit their own public comments (Council's role as a member of the Empowered Community is not strictly relevant at this stage -- a response is not strictly necessary now)

RE: ATRT4

Please note any objections to supporting a deferral of ATRT4. If there are none, a short letter will be sent by Council Leadership supporting a deferral at EOD 22 March.

Thanks,

Greg