Hello Everyone,
This working group update is specifically for NPOC Membership but since we
usually have or share the same position, I thought is good to share also
with NCSG Members to ask for their feedback. This is the first update and I
hope to write the second update in a few days time after the content of
this email is digested as it promises to be a very long email content.

The representation in this group has myself (Caleb) representing NPOC with
Wisdom as the NPOC alternate while  Manju is NCSG (through the GNSO
Council) and Benjamin is NCUC. In case I miss anything, please jump in
Manju, Wisdom, and Benjamin.
But first, let me introduce what the working group is all about while we
seek feedback

*What is the Continuous Improvement Program Community Coordination Group
(CIP-CCG)?*
ICANN's commitment to continuous improvement led to the formation of the
CIP-CCG on December 12, 2023.
The purpose of the group is to improve the effectiveness of ICANN's
Organizational Reviews process. This aligns with ongoing efforts to
strengthen ICANN's multistakeholder model. The CIP-CCG will create a
framework for continuous improvement within ICANN's Supporting
Organizations, Advisory Committees, and Nominating Committee.
While this group was formed to help transform ICANN's Organizational
Reviews into a Continuous Improvement Program, implementing Recommendation
3.6 from the Third Accountability and Transparency Review (ATRT3)
<https://community.icann.org/pages/viewpage.action?pageId=273454168> was
the offshoot of this group formation. Developing this Continuous
Improvement Program is part of a broader effort to enhance the
effectiveness of ICANN's multistakeholder model, aligning with ICANN's
Interim President and CEO's Goal 11
<https://www.icann.org/en/blogs/details/icann-interim-president-and-ceo-shares-goals-for-fiscal-year-2024-27-09-2023-en>
related to refining the review processes. To read more about this check this
link
<https://www.icann.org/en/blogs/details/icann-reviews-program-update-and-interim-president-and-ceo-goal-11-03-10-2023-en>

*The key responsibilities of the CIP-CCG are:*

   1. Establish a shared understanding of what "continuous improvement"
   means in the context of ATRT3's Recommendation 3.6.
   2. Evaluate different methodologies for effective Continuous Improvement
   Programs.
   3. Agree on the methodology best suited for ICANN's purposes.
   4. Formulate a Continuous Improvement Program Framework to be used by
   ICANN's Supporting Organizations, Advisory Committees, and the Nominating
   Committee.

* ICANN Principles of Continuous Improvement to NPOC (But relevant and same
content for NCUC/NCSG)*
Historically, ICANN Organizational Reviews have asked whether the
Supporting Organizations (SOs), Advisory Committees (ACs), and the
Nominating Committee (NomCom) have a continuing purpose within the ICANN
community. Rather than articulating this as a single principle, ICANN org
proposes it as an overarching consideration that is addressed through five
separate principles that would guide the successful execution of the
Continuous Improvement Program (CIP).

   1. Principle 1: The SO/AC is fulfilling its purpose.
   2. Principle 2: The structure of the SO/AC is effective.
   3. Principle 3: Are the operations of SO/AC are efficient?
   4. Principle 4: Is the SO/AC is accountable internally to its
   stakeholders, and externally to the wider ICANN community?
   5. Principle 5: The ICANN community collaborates to further the mission
   of ICANN and the effectiveness of the ICANN multistakeholder model.

We have been tasked to ask the community for some feedback. While I hope to
collate some of your thoughts and take back to the WG.

To make this email brief, I will break this email into several parts for us
to digest the content while I post other updates in a day or two from now.
*Caleb Ogundele*
Email: [log in to unmask]