Dear Madam/Sir,

We are thrilled to announce that the Bangladesh NGOs Network for Radio and Communication (BNNRC) has officially joined the Association for Progressive Communications (APC) network with a strong commitment to creating a healthy digital ecosystem in Bangladesh.

Association for Progressive Communications (APC) is a global network of civil society organisations whose mission is to create a just and sustainable world by harnessing the collective power of activists, organisations, excluded groups, communities and social movements to challenge existing power structures and ensure that the internet is developed and governed as a global public good.

Bangladesh NGOs Network for Radio and Communication (BNNRC) is an independent Civil Society Organization (CSO) based in Dhaka, Bangladesh; since 2000, it has been working with a focus on media development, building the capacity of CSOs on digital transformation, which is both knowledge-driven and context-sensitive. It considers the challenges and opportunities created by Bangladesh's rapidly changing media & CSOs environment in the fourth industrial revolution era.

BNNRC is in Special Consultative Status with the Economic and Social Council (ECOSOC), accredited with the World Summit on the Information Society (WSIS), SDGs Media Compact of the United Nations, and UN WSIS prize winner 2016, Champion 2017, 2019, 2020, 2021 & 2023 for media development and digital transformation.

BNNRC has been hosting the secretariat of the Bangladesh Internet Governance Forum since 2006 and the Bangladesh Initiative for Unified Voices on Global Digital Compact and UN Summit of the Future since 2022.

Some of BNNRC’s main initiatives include:

This is a significant milestone for BNNRC. We anticipate the APC membership will provide us access to numerous resources and opportunities to collaborate with other like-minded organisations on media development and digital transformation in Bangladesh.  As we re-evaluate the BNNRC's mandate, we recognize the need to rename the organisation and establish a new vision, mission, and strategy.

----------------------------------

Bazlu

____

AHM. Bazlur Rahman-S21BR | Chief Executive Officer |

MSS in Government & Politics, Bachelor of Laws (LL. B)

Bangladesh NGOs Network for Radio and Communication

[In Consultative Status with the ECOSOC, Associated with the Department

of  Global Communications of the United Nations & Observer Organization

with the UNFCCC]

Policy Research Fellow,

Shaping the Future of Media, Entertainment & Society in the Era

of the Fourth Industrial Revolution

House: 9/4 Road: 2, Shaymoli, Dhaka-1207| Bangladesh|

Phone: +8801711881647 | +88 02 48116262 | +88 02 48119374

E-Mail: [log in to unmask] | [log in to unmask] | http://www.bnnrc.net