From:
avri doria <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Wed, 16 Aug 2017 11:11:50 +0200
Hi,

First I would like to thank Raoul for the nomination and thank those who
supported my nomination.

There was a time when I very much hoped to become NCSG chair so that I
could complete the work on the policies that the Charter envisioned
would be developed by the NCSG EC and membership right after adoption of
the charter; but it wasn't to be.  This is something I still hope to see
every new chair take on in earnest.

At this point, however, I have taken on various responsibilities and
commitments in other parts of ICANN and in other internet community
organizations and believe that my work in ICANN is currently directed in
directions other than stakeholder group leadership. As time moves on, I
am looking for different opportunities to serve ICANN.

I gave this nomination serious consideration.  Beyond my current
commitments, one important consideration is my enthusiasm for seeing
newer NCSG members take the SG leadership positions while long term
members fade back into mentoring and supporting positions within the
NCSG.  I think this is the way it should be, and is a trend that should
not be reversed, but rather encouraged.

Therefore, given the redirection of my interests, the development of
newer leadership and the fact that we have two popular candidates for
the chair position, while I am grateful for the nomination, I am turning
down the opportunity to run for NCSG chair.

Thanks

avri