From:
Johan Helsingius <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Johan Helsingius <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 7 May 2022 18:24:36 +0200
Dear Olivier,

> IMHO, the lack of more participation and involvement of the community in
> the NCSG works is due to the lack of a real diversity promotion within
> this ecosystem. The problem of the language of work is one of the main one.
> Is it possible, at least, to benefit from interpretation and translation
> in others languages ie french, spanish during the NCSG online meetings ?

That is a really good point.

Unfortunately ICANN has mostly provided translation and interpretation
to the GAC, but not other SOs or ACs. I think it is fair to say that
GNSO has historically tended to be dominated by US-based companies,
it has been hard to get a majority in the GNSO to support demanding
similar services to the GNSO and it's constituent parts. Correcting
that will require a concentrated lobbying effort, but informal
discussions with both the board and especially Göran is certainly
worth the effort.

	Julf