From:
David Cake <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
David Cake <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 12 Nov 2015 17:51:50 -0300
Content regulation is not a cyber security issue.
But I think that national security issues should never be considered as a totally separate issue to the security of individuals. The idea is that national security and the security of the individuals that make up the nation should never be considered separately, but every state security policy should be balanced against the security of individuals, as well as rights - considering them as totally separate is the line of reasoning that leads to security agencies believing massive invasion of personal privacy and other rights is justified on dubious national security grounds, even though it can make individuals less secure.

Not, of course, that I'm implying that that was Milton said based on Jeremy's tweet.

And on that basis, I think that Gamergates movement and its campaigning (however much I might disagree with their speech) is not a cyber security issue, some of their tactics (doxxing, spoofing communications, and swatting) really do have cyber security implications. The phone system, national databases, police response systems are all national infrastructure.

David

Sent from my iPad