From:
Erick Iriarte Ahon <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Erick Iriarte Ahon <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 8 Apr 2013 09:07:38 -0500
Milton.

The identity of the nations and the cultural heritage (also the natural heritage) is part of the human rights. You are agree with that? So if something affect your identity as society yo react.

In that way of ideas, yes of course ICANN is a private organization based in US with an agreement with the DoC, so for what reason have the GAC? only to advice and comments?.

Maybe the declaration of Montevideo is only the point to change the view of what is exactly the role of the GAC (including if they need to be in that place or accept be in that place).

All change, always, and in this moment is coming an storm.

Yours.

Erick

pd. Peru (represent by Ambassador Palomino) will be the president of the team to review the "enhanced cooperation" in IGF, he was one of the more clear (and with a strong position) in have the Montevideo Declaration position.