From:
avri doria <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Wed, 15 Jun 2016 18:32:51 -0400
Hi,

Would like to get the NCSG range of views on ICANN's plan/rationale for
secondment of all PTI staff in perpetuity.

The position I have taken personally is:

- I accept that in the initial instance, in consideration of the current
employees and of stability, it makes sense to second those IANA
employees that wish to the PTI.

- with the exception of the PTI managerPresident (if they happen to be
the same person) who I feel might have a conflict of interest in terms
of ICANN the employer and PTI the fiduciary responsibility. I think that
from day 0, this executive level employee should be a PTI employee
reporting solely to the PTI board.

- i think that replacement staff should be employed by PTI and not
ICANN.  there is an issue with having two sort of employees, those
seconded from day 0 and new employees, but as long as staff are treated
well and equitably this shouldn't be a problem.

The CWG proposal did not get into this, though I think many of us
thought at the time that PTI staff would be PTI employees as part of the
separability formula.

avri