From:
Michael Oghia <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Michael Oghia <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 14 Apr 2016 11:01:41 +0300
Ayden,

As far as my understanding of ICANN's EMEA region is concerned, while there
is not a distinct "Middle East" geographic region (the EMEA is divided into
European, African, and Asian regions), Baher -- who is VP for the Middle
East -- engages in very important work throughout the region in conjunction
with the Istanbul office as well as ICANN staff such as Fahd. They engage
specifically with Arabic-speaking and other Middle Eastern stakeholders
(e.g., Turkey, Iran). This, in some ways, is a district regional
categorization.

If anyone knows more, feel free to expand.

Best,
-Michael

Michael J. Oghia
Istanbul, Turkey