Date:
Wed, 31 Aug 2011 08:45:43 +0700
On 08/31/2011 03:38 AM, Ron Wickersham wrote:
> On Mon, 29 Aug 2011, Avri Doria wrote:
> [snip]

> For
> future on votes of this importance (an issue that would make/break
> the exisistence of the NCSG)*i would suggest we ask that paper
> ballots be mailed* to the eligible voters.  This is no small task or
> expense, but pales with the expenses ICANN incurrs in holding the
> board meetings around the workd and other routine expenses.
>
> -ron
*
Please don't* - e-mail I get immediately, paper mail about once a week,
mostly useless advertisements etc. - too difficult to sort out if there
is occasionally something important.

If someone cannot handle e-mail - are they able to actively analyze the
questions we as non-commercials, are facing in ICANN?

The poor participation of the "active" membership in the election
requires some soul searching about the non-commercial public's interest
and commitment to get and to be involved. The Intellectual Property
lobby have their interest, so they act.

The 61.9% is not the result of poor technology - especially considering
the huge "management" input by Avri.

Norbert

--
A while ago, I started a new blog:

...thinking it over... after 21 years in Cambodia
http://www.thinking21.org/

continuing to share reports and comments from Cambodia.

Norbert Klein
Phnom Penh / Cambodia