From:
Amr Elsadr <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Amr Elsadr <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 14 Jul 2015 15:31:43 +0200
Hi,

So it’s finally here. A preliminary issues report kicking off the policy development process (PDP) for the post Expert Working Group on next generation gTLD registration directory services (aka WHOIS EWG).

This is a PDP that I suspect will keep the NCSG (and other groups within the ICANN community) quite busy over the next couple of years. The deadline to submit a comment on the preliminary issues report is September 6th.

For those who are interested, but not familiar with the GNSO PDP cycle, you can learn more about it here: http://gnso.icann.org/en/basics/consensus-policy/pdp

Note…, this PDP was initiated by the ICANN Board, not the GNSO Council. This means that after a final issues report is published, the GNSO Council cannot reject it. It will have to proceed to a PDP working group.

Thanks.

Amr

Begin forwarded message: