From:
Barbara Mittleman <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Barbara Mittleman <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 4 Jul 2016 21:32:27 -0700
Does ICANN have a policy for the constituent groups which covers, e.g.,
ICANN Board of Director's responsibilities for financial oversight and
auditing as relates to the subgroups; conflicts of interest, finances and
fund raising; autonomy of the SGs with respect to finances; how the groups'
finances and fund-raising fit with the not-for-profit status under US/CA
law (governing law for ICANN)?  The twin issues of possible tax liability
for the named holder of the accounts (if private accounts) and issues of
corporate governance are both important to clarify before engaging in new
fundraising.  Being treasurer of a group with no money may be more complex
than it appears on the surface!

Barbara