From:
"Milan, Stefania" <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Milan, Stefania
Date:
Sat, 10 Sep 2016 18:18:19 +0000
It is a great plan, well done Anriette and Divina. A word of caution, though, which I am sure you both are familiar with. Universities typically do not encourage to "take action". Studying something can be as detached from said phenomenon in real life, as not knowing about it at all. While including IG (and media literacy) in school curricula is absolutely necessary (and urgent) to contribute to create citizens equipped to participate in society, this does not necessary help this community of advocates. But it is yet another step in the right direction..