From:
Stephanie Perrin <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Stephanie Perrin <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 29 Oct 2016 13:08:19 -0400
Well, if you want to talk policy strategy in front of your principal
adversaries that is fine.  I don't.  Lets try to keep this in
perspective ED.

1.  There is an active move afoot to restructure the GNSO to minimize
us.  I plan to attend those meetings.  The GAC public safety is gearing
up for major initiatives that threaten our goals in terms of human
rights.....we need to cover all those meetings.  I would like somewhere
to discuss what I see with our EC/policy members.  Suggestions welcome,
but it is not like we can meet outside hours because we are scattered
around a city of 6 million where it is not really safe for us women to
mosey around at night.

2.  We are talking here about our executive cttee meetings.  None of the
other constituencies have open exec meetings, why would we do that in
the name of transparency?

I propose we stick to what Tapani is suggesting.  This meeting is a very
difficult one, with a great many conflicts on the agenda for important
policy matters.  I have some instances of triple conflicts on related
matters.....My concern is how we manage to actually cover all the
meetings we need to with the small crew we have on the ground.

Stephanie