From:
Seun Ojedeji <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Seun Ojedeji <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 8 Jul 2014 16:31:53 +0100
Hello Timothe,

Thanks for bringing this up here; when i first read the news of Microsoft
hijacking no-ip domain. The first technical question that came to mind was;
Is Microsoft now some form of an hacker because i was just wondering how
they took-over without any form of authorisation from the domain owner.
However i guess the section below from your url clears it for me

Under the terms of the court decision, the DNS lookups for the domains were
> passed to Microsoft's name servers, with the plan being that Redmond would
> filter out No-IP subdomains linked to malicious activity and let legitimate
> subdomains resolve as expected.

Having cleared the technical sides of the story, the question now is
whether no-ip should bound to respond to such call from Microsoft
especially since its not an act from no-ip itself but the users. One could
liken this to running botnets on systems that exist on a large ISP network
to attack a particular organisation. Does the victim sue the ISP or the
users who don't even know they are botnet nodes.

Cheers!

<http://goog_1872880453>[log in to unmask]