From:
Patrick Lenihan <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Patrick Lenihan <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 4 Sep 2015 16:42:55 -0400

Well said, Nicolas....

Best,
Patrick

-----Original Message-----
From: Nicolas Adam <[log in to unmask]>
To: NCSG-DISCUSS <[log in to unmask]>
Sent: Wed, Sep 2, 2015 1:52 pm
Subject: Re: Some ruminations on GAC in relation to NCSG comments on the CCWG proposal

 Thank you as well for this bit of sanity Milton.

 There has to be a firm position held here that under no circumstances will we accept a GAC voting participation in the community mechanism unless they are relinquishing Board advisory status.

 Thus, language should right away start to change to incorporate that distinctive fact about this [G] particular AC. When proposing and arguing vote attribution patterns in the mechanism, we need to distinguish not only SOs and ACs, but SOs, ACs, and ACs with special advisory status.

 Folks this is where the battle is at. This is no time for bad compromises. It is time for principled stand. Milton has got great points. Spread them forcefully, and please be relentless in your ability to stand firm. Use the equal footing principle to get a real equal footing.

 We need to have every other stakeholders know that there is no way that an AC or an SO with special status could have both it's special status and participate in the community mechanism, just like when you guys think that it is impossible to get the GAC to relinquish it's advisory status.

 The best way in my opinion to do it is to to attack the special status but I,ll let the people closer to this decide.

 Nicolas