From:
Amr Elsadr <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Amr Elsadr <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 18 Mar 2015 19:37:53 +0100
Hi,

On Mar 18, 2015, at 3:11 PM, Seun Ojedeji <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

> On Wed, Mar 18, 2015 at 1:39 PM, Sam Lanfranco <[log in to unmask]> wrote:
> On 18/03/2015 7:56 AM, Timothe Litt wrote:
>> Doctor, doctor give me the news:
>> http://www.theregister.co.uk/2015/03/15/icann_doctors/
>> Sigh.
> What I do not understand is why ICANN could not see these problems coming from the start.
>

> Before i add a strong +1 to this, i quote the intro of the article below:
>
> Domain-name overseer ICANN has decided that only one kind of doctor may be allowed online – and that is a medical doctor. In a decision made late last month.
>
> Could someone kindly refer me to where i can find that decision statement?

I did a quick search on recent board resolutions, and actually couldn’t find anything. In fact, according to the published activity of the ICANN board, this was discussed during a meeting on February 12th, but no resolution seems to have been taken.

https://www.icann.org/resources/board-material/resolutions-new-gtld-2015-02-12-en

I would also like to see a resolution and rationale on this.

Thanks.

Amr