From:
"Milan, Stefania" <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Milan, Stefania
Date:
Fri, 28 Aug 2015 08:32:53 +0000

Dear all

for family reasons I am unable to attend the call today. I will also be offline starting now till (most likely) Sunday night in Europe. I apologize for the late notice -- I had hoped till the last minute to be able to attend the call. I do promise, however, to engage with any email that might come through the list, or be personally addressed to my email.

Let me take this opportunity to convey a final, pre-call reflection. I just went through my statement again, and realized that, probably out of enthusiasm!, I keep referring back solely to NCUC. NCUC is indeed the constituency that prompt me to engage with the ICANNsphere, whose members brought me into this business with enthusiasm and much encouragement (and I am very grateful for that all). Nonetheless, I am aware that as a Council member I will be representing the whole NCSG, should I get your trust to do so. I want to make clear that I am eager to listen and engage with both NCUC and NPOC, and do my best to serve NCSG in a balance, respectful way. As I have mentioned in my statement, I am particularly skilled at building bridges and finding common ground, an ability that I have acquired through both activism and government work.

Please accept my apologies for not clarifying my position in this respect where I should have done so, namely in the statement. Be reassured I intend to represent primarily the whole NCSG, and I believe I will be able to do so with the help and the support of both constituencies--as both are crucial to an healthy representation of non-commencial interests.

All the best, and apologies againfor my absence today. Enjoy!

Stefania

Stefania Milan, PhD
University of Amsterdam || mediastudies.nl ||
Data J Lab || datajlab.nl ||
Internet Policy Observatory || Annenberg School for Communication, University of Pennsylvania || globalnetpolicy.org ||
Center for Media and Communication Studies, Central European University || www.cmcs.ceu.hu ||
International Association for Media and Communication Research - International Council member and Co-Chair, Communication Policy Task Force || www.iamcr.org ||
Executive Committee, Non-Commercial User Constituency, ICANN
mobile: [31] 62 7875 425 (NL) || [1] 647 - 973 - 6533 (CA) || [+39] 333 - 2309945 (I)
stefaniamilan.net || @annliffey