From:
Sam Lanfranco <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Sam Lanfranco <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 8 Sep 2014 11:39:51 -0400
Are there not two issues at play here? The one is how CAG reaches a
decision to forward advice to the Board, and the other is the terms
under which the Board decides to accept or reject GAC advice. The core
questions should be: What are the shortcomings of the status quo? What
gets improved with the proposed changes? What are the downside risks
from the proposed changes?

Thus far the discussion seems to be focused on whether the downside
risks are large or small. What are the gains over the status quo that
would make it worth supporting changes that increase the downside risks,
be they small or large?

Sam L.

On 08/09/2014 11:22 AM, Milton L Mueller wrote:
> [...]

"It is a disgrace to be rich and honoured
in an unjust state" -Confucius
Dr Sam Lanfranco (Prof Emeritus & Senior Scholar)
Econ, York U., Toronto, Ontario, CANADA - M3J 1P3
email: [log in to unmask]   Skype: slanfranco
blog:  http://samlanfranco.blogspot.com
Phone: +1 613-476-0429 cell: +1 416-816-2852