From:
David Post <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
David Post <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 15 Dec 2015 10:54:50 -0500

It does appear to be a particularly bad
combination of (a) a proposal that has itself
been considerably watered down, and (b) a Board
that is suggesting that even that is too
strong,and needs to be weakened further.

David

At 08:44 PM 12/14/2015, Paul Rosenzweig wrote:
>At the risk of stirring the pot, I want to ask
>the community whether or not the accountability
>proposal has been so watered down that the NCSG
>ought to oppose it outright and, concurrently,
>seek agreement from the Commercial users such
>that the gNSO was opposed to the transition in
>its current form.  If I were to tally the
>reasons to oppose the current draft they would include:
>
>·        Enhanced GAC role through the 2/3 vote
>rule and there membership in the Empowered Community
>·        Incomplete rights of inspection
>·        Continued board opposition to human
>rights and mission statement as drafted
>·        Process fouls in any number of ways,
>most recently in the overly short 21-day comment
>period on what the Co-Chairs say is the “final report”
>·        Enhanced role of ACs in the empowered
>community to the detriment of the SOs where
>policy actually resides (this is above and beyond the GAC issue already noted)
>
>I could go on, but frankly, for myself, the
>proposal seems to have fallen sufficiently short
>that I would probably “vote” no, if votes were
>being counted.  It seems to me that someone needs to say that out loud ….
>
>Paul
>
>Paul Rosenzweig
>Red Branch Consulting, PLLC
>509 C St. NE
>Washington, DC 20002
>
>O: +1 (202) 547-0660
>M: +1 (202) 329-9650
>VOIP: +1 (202) 738-1739
>Skype: paul.rosenzweig1066
><http://www.redbranchconsulting.com/>www.redbranchconsulting.com
>www.paulrosenzweigesq.com
><http://www.redbranchconsulting.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=19&Itemid=9>Link
>to my PGP Key
><http://www.rsaconference.com/events/us16?utm_source=signature&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=speakers-us2016>
>[]

David G Post - Senior Fellow, Open Technology Institute/New America Foundation
blog (Volokh Conspiracy) http://www.washingtonpost.com/people/david-post
book (Jefferson's Moose)  http://tinyurl.com/c327w2n
music
http://tinyurl.com/davidpostmusic  publications