From:
Kathy Kleiman <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Kathy Kleiman <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 22 Feb 2010 19:00:06 -0500
Dear All,

In 1999, we met in Santiago and formed the Noncommercial Domain Holders
Constituency -- which became NCUC (remember Milton?). It was a wonderful
and diverse crowd then -- and it has become an even more wonderful and
diverse crowd. I have learned so much from you -- and enjoyed so much
being with you.

I am here to submit my resignation from NCUC --with a sigh and a smile.
Today is my first day as Director of Policy for .ORG, the Public
Interest Registry. PIR is a company filled with wonderful people, and
dedicated to its motto of "Do Good" - in .ORG, in ICANN and among the
Internet community. I am looking forward to my job of developing policy
with Alexa Raad, PIR CEO, and everyone in PIR.

When I drafted the NCUC charter years ago, I asked that people not be
voting members of two constituencies. It seemed fair, and right, to
focus energy on one primary constituency. It is the principle I follow
now as I move to join PIR in the Registry Constituency.

But I am not gone. I hope you will invite me back to NCUC meetings. I
can't wait to share with you what we are working on -- and learn what
you are working on. I know our work together will continue now, and in
the future!

So off to the Contracted Parties Stakeholder Group I go -- with the very
best of wishes, hopes and admiration for all of you -- and for NCUC!

All the best,

Kathy

p.s. Now at [log in to unmask] <mailto:[log in to unmask]>

p.p.s. Today's PIR blog posting on my arrival is at
http://blog.pir.org/?p=554